Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Homosexuals Dethrone "Miss America"

Thaddeus M. Baklinski LifeSiteNews.com
April 22, 2009

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. Romans 1:24-25

[The people of the United States of America unanimously have voted 30+ times for only man and woman marriage. That is what America wants. It is only activist judges and legislatures that work against the will of the people and thereby try to change God's ordinances. Please join the people of America, in praying for an honest government and court system that fears God and serves the people, not 1-2% of the population who, while God loves them, are breaking God's laws. By observation, it seems all homosexual societies have been destroyed throughout history. Something is wrong when someone says what the majority of Americans believe and they are treated like a "second class citizen". Credibility has been lost with the Miss America organization.]

Sunday's Miss USA 2009 pageant has become a lightning rod for the debate over free speech in America, after one contestant lost the crown, according to one of the judges, because she answered in favor of true marriage when quizzed on homosexual [licenses for] "marriage".

Perez Hilton, one of 13 telecast judges in the competition aired live on NBC, asked Miss California's Carrie Prejean: "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

Prejean answered: "... You know what, in my country, in my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody there, but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be - between a man and a woman."

The answer clearly irritated Hilton, and drew both cheers and boos from the crowd. Miss North Carolina later won the Miss USA crown, with Miss California as first runner-up.

As the blogosphere reacted to the night's events, it was widely speculated - as both Hilton and Miss California later confirmed - that the answer cost Prejean the Miss USA title.

"She lost it because of that question. She was definitely the front-runner before that," Hilton told ABCNews.com yesterday.

Reacting to Prejean's answer on his popular gossip blog, Hilton, an open homosexual, called the answer "the worst answer in pageant history." "She lost, not because she doesn't believe in [homosexual] marriage, she lost because she's a [bad word]"

"If that girl would have won Miss USA, California, I would have gone up on stage, [bad words], ... snatched that tiara off her head, and run out the door," said Hilton.

Hilton later apologized [and then] revoked his apology on a subsequent MSNBC interview. "The more I've thought about it, the more - you know what? No, I'm going to stand by what I said just like she's standing by what she said," said Hilton.

"And I called her [a bad word]" he added, laughing.

Hilton said Miss California's answer "was divisive and alienated millions of gays and lesbians." Because "Miss USA should represent all Americans," said Hilton, Prejean should have given a more ambiguous answer in favor of state sovereignty in the marriage debate.

On Monday's Billy Bush Show, Prejean also said the answer "did cost me my crown," but also said she "wouldn't have had it any other way.

"I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that's all I can do," said Prejean.

"It is a very touchy subject and he [Perez] is a homosexual, and I see where he was coming from, and I see the audience would've wanted me to be more politically correct. But I was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything."

"I feel like I won. I feel like I'm the winner. I really do," said Prejean, who noted that she has been deluged with support since the telecast.

"That made me the real winner of the night."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We should as Christians be rejoicing over things now coming to pass. With each and every event that happens in this world of darkness it brings us closer to our saviors second coming.
Even so come quickly Lord Jesus.

In His Service,
Lee