Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ABCs of Father Heart of God "C" carry, choose, comfort


 So we are looking at... The ABC’s Of Father God’s heart and so far...
A - Abba My Father is my Abba, Papa-God. I am His beloved child. (Rom. 8:15, Gal. 4:4-7, John 1:12, Jam. 1:18)
B - Bless 
My Father blesses me with every heavenly (spiritual) gift. (Eph. 1:3)

 This week we will look at “carry, comfort and chosen”
C- Carry, comfort and Chosen
( My Father gathers me in His arms and carries me all my life. (Isa. 40:11, 46:3-4; Deu. 1:31)
My Father chose me from the foundation of the world. (Eph. 1:4-6)
My Father desires to comfort me. (psa 69:16, Psa 94:19. Psa 119:76, Isa 49:12, Isa 51:3, Isa 51:12, Isa 52:9, Matt 5:4, John 14:26, 2 Cor 1:2-4) 

Have you ever carried a small baby? Or held one?
Do you ever just long to be able to completely rest and relax in the arms of Jesus? Maybe you can. Maybe you have only for a moment, but looking at the pictures we can surely imagine how it feels and also probably most of us have held a baby.
God, our Father offers to tenderly carry us. His arms are always open to invite us to enter his embrace. Let’s look at some verses....
Isa 40:11 He tends His flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those who have young.
AMP 11 He will feed his flock like a shepherd.
      He will carry the lambs in his arms,
   holding them close to his heart.
      He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.
Would anyone like to share their heart response to reading/hearing this verse?
***pictures...shepherd sheep, Jesus lamb
Isa 46:3-4 AMP Listen to Me, you descendants of Jacob, all the remnant of the people Israel, you whom I have upheld since your birth, and have carried since you were born,Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He who will sustain you.  I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
NLT  3 “Listen to me, descendants of Jacob,
      all you who remain in Israel.
   I have cared for you since you were born.
      Yes, I carried you before you were born.
 4 I will be your God throughout your lifetime—
      until your hair is white with age.
   I made you, and I will care for you.
      I will carry you along and save you.

IT doesn’t matter if we are old or young, God, our Abba wants to care for us, and love us. (carry us)

Deu 1:31 ( Let’s back up to verse 30 also) AMP  30 The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt before your eyes, 31And in the wilderness, where you have seen how the Lord your God bore you, as a man carries his son, in all the way that you went until you came to this place.

NLT 30 The Lord your God is going ahead of you. He will fight for you, just as you saw him do in Egypt. 31 And you saw how the Lord your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now he has brought you to this place.’

The Lord going ahead of us, fighting for us, carries us and cares for us...


Now let’s look a another verse... Eph 1:3-6
AMP 3May blessing (praise, laudation, and eulogy) be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) Who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual (given by the Holy Spirit) blessing in the heavenly realm!

    4Even as [in His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy (consecrated and set apart for Him) and blameless in His sight, even above reproach, before Him in love.

    5For He foreordained us (destined us, planned in love for us) to be adopted (revealed) as His own children through Jesus Christ, in accordance with the purpose of His will [[a]because it pleased Him and was His kind intent]--

    6[So that we might be] to the praise and the commendation of His glorious grace (favor and mercy), which He so freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.

NLT 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. 4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. 6 So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.

also Jeremiah 1:5
Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.
and Jer 29:11

Comfort: Psalm 69:16
Hear and answer me, O Lord, for Your loving-kindness is sweet and comforting; according to Your plenteous tender mercy and steadfast love turn to me.

Psalm 94:19
In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul!

Psalm 119:76
Let, I pray You, Your merciful kindness and steadfast love be for my comfort, according to Your promise to Your servant.

Isaiah 49:13
Sing for joy, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, and break forth into singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion upon His afflicted.

Isaiah 51:3
For the Lord will comfort Zion; He will comfort all her waste places. And He will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the voice of song or instrument of praise.

Isaiah 51:12
I, even I, am He Who comforts you. Who are you, that you should be afraid of man, who shall die, and of a son of man, who shall be made [as destructible] as grass,

Isaiah 52:9
Break forth joyously, sing together, you waste places of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem!

Matthew 5:4
Blessed and enviably happy [with a happiness produced by the experience of God's favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His matchless grace] are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted!

John 14:26
But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.

2 Corinthians 1:2-4
2Grace (favor and spiritual blessing) to you and [heart] peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
 3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of sympathy (pity and mercy) and the God [Who is the Source] of every comfort (consolation and encouragement),
4Who comforts (consoles and encourages) us in every trouble (calamity and affliction), so that we may also be able to comfort (console and encourage) those who are in any kind of trouble or distress, with the comfort (consolation and encouragement) with which we ourselves are comforted (consoled and encouraged) by God.
As someone pointed out, there is another “C” word chastens...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I truly liked reading it. This article offered by you is very practical for accurate planning.
Bessey SVH400XL SVH Flooring and Clamping System