Sunday, May 15, 2016

Ephesians 6:18-20 – Godly Obsession Needed

Daily Devotional Bible Verse
praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak. (Ephesians 6:18-20, ESV)
Take a minute and think about these questions:
-Where is your cell phone?
-How many times have you looked at it today?
-How much time did you spend on it?
Now, think about this:
-Where is your Bible?
-How many times have you read it today?
-How much time did you spend reading it?
In our world today, life is full of distractions, like our phones. I would go so far to say that technology is an obsession. What would happen if Christians today were just as obsessed with the Bible and their relationship with the Lord? I find that many people who are not Christians are more well-read in the Bible than a lot of Christians. How are we supposed to be effective and educated disciples without knowing the Bible? The Bible is our own personal armor and arsenal in weapons of truth, faith, hope, and love. We cannot put God’s gift to us to good use without knowing what it says.
The world is obsessed with technology and other distractions. I am going to challenge you today to become focused. Become just as obsessed with with the Bible and with God. Wouldn’t it be awesome if Christians were as familiar with the Bible as the world is with their phones? What kind of boldness in ministering would that produce?
What obsessions are taking up your time today?

No comments: