Tuesday, April 9, 2013

We Say BUT God Says part 1 (stronghold removal)


We have been discussing stronghold thinking, or stinking thinking.
We saw that God wants to be our stronghold, our refuge, our hiding place and our safety. God has promised to be our shelter and defense in time of need. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Also Psalm 9:9 Because of his strength I will watch for You, For God is my stronghold. (NASB) and KJV  Because of your strength will I wait upon you: for God is my defense.

He has also assigned a part for each of us to play in 2 Cor 10 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ

Today we are going to look at some common stinking thinking people have. Often the devil whispers lies into our minds. He knows our weak places and unhealed places. Sometimes he uses what "feels" like or "sounds" like our own thoughts. That is really tricky. So how are we to know whose "voice" we are listening to? The devil, old ones from our past, our own or God's?
One way is to fill our minds with the Word and the truth about GOD. The Word says, "My sheep know my voice." The only way I know to become familiar with and "know" (as in perceive and recognized) God's voice is to listen to it. The way we do that is by reading the Word. Outloud if necessary.
John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.


Study online at quizlet.com/_2ywf1
As we go through these PLEASE comment if God shows you something or you have an example of a time God showed you truth in this area. Remember "mind renewal" is a process.
Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.


You say, " I'm not smart enough!"
Does anyone think they are not smart enough or too dumb? Does anyone have random thoughts of I'm so stupid or even say that out loud at time?

God says: " I give your wisdom."
1 Cor 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God….and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.


You say: " I am thirsty!"
Or another way to say this is, " I have so many NEEDS that will never be met."

God says: "Drink my water and never thirst again."
John 1:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

You say: " I can't do it!" (poster)

This is a big one of mine, I often go to God and cry out "I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE!" Yes, I shout it out. LOL. Because in truth I really CANT in that moment bear what life is dealing me or has dealt me one more second. But as soon as I get with God, his invariable reply is "good, now you can stop trying to do it (or fix it) yourself and lean on me. Anyone identify?

God says" You can do all things."
Philippians 4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."
Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

You say: " I can't figure things out!"
Another huge one for me personally. I try so hard, or used to even more, but still do..to figure it out, to "get it right". I can't. Anyone care to share?

God says: " I will direct your steps."
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.

No comments: