Saturday, April 13, 2013

we Say BUT God Says part 2 (stronghold removal)


We have been in a series about strongholds. God is our stronghold, our refuge, our healer.

God is ALL we need. But we don't know that when we are children and often we forget even as adults. When life becomes "too much" we tend to revert back to our "stinking thinking" other wise know as false beliefs that feel like truth but are NOT true because they do not line up with what GOD says.
Last week we looked at some "I say (think) but GOD says". This week we are going to look at a few more.
If God impresses you to share your story or a comment please make a ! if its an extended one or just post it if its short. We learn from one another, so what you have to share may be JUST what someone else NEEDS to hear.
Let's pray:

You say: " I can't forgive myself!"
This is a huge one for many people. We think we are so bad, have done such bad things that no one including ourselves should/could/would EVER forgive us. Ahhhhh but GOD does not agree!!!!

God says: "I forgive you."
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.
Romans 1:18 There is therefore now NO condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.


You say: : I can't go on!"
I wail at times, "This is too hard. Too hard for me! I can't life this life anymore." :)
Anyone else?

God says: "My Grace is sufficient." 2 Cor 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Psalm 91:15 He shall call upon Me, and I WILL answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.


You say: "I can't manage!"
Do you also live in a seemingly unchangeable situation? A draining situation? A hurtful situation? Do people often wound you? Not meet your needs? Not understand you? Is life unmanageable? That is a CR step too isn't it? To recognize and admit that our lives ARE unmanageable?

God says: " I will supply ALL your needs."
Phil 4:19 And my GOD shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

You say: " I feel all alone!"
Aloneness is a universal heart cry. There is an aloneness we all have deep deep down. We often tend to feel no one understands us at ALL. And no one ever will. God does. (smile). How alone did Jesus feel when on the cross he cried "My God, my GOD why hadst thou forsaken me?"

God says:" I will never leave your or forsake you."
Heb 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

The reason GOD will NEVER forsake us or abandon us is because JESUS bore that aloneness upon his own heart for us on the cross.

You say: " I wish I could just die!
Hmmmmm. Been there before too many years ago. And as believers we sometimes long for heaven.

God says: "Get up and EAT."
1 Kings 19:7 And angel of the Lord came back the second time, and touched him, and said, " arise and eat, because the journey is too great for you."
To be continued next week.

same source as last week.

No comments: